Pembroke Bible Chapel

Request Prayer Message Downloads Daily Devotionals Identification Truths Heaven? Bible Verse Lookup

History of the Pembroke Bible Chapel

The origins of the Pembroke Bible Chapel go back to August 18, 1956, when Jim Booker started Bible studies in the home of Len and Martha Pilatski in Pembroke, Ontario, Canada. The assembly was formally begun in April 1957 with the approval of the first constitution. At that time it was known as the Emmanuel Gospel Chapel.

The first meeting place was in a small building at Shady Nook just outside of Pembroke. In May 1959, the assembly relocated to a building at 235 McKenzie Street in Pembroke. Meetings continued at that location until May 1978, when the assembly began meeting in the Pineview School in Petawawa. In 1994 the assembly moved into the current building on Round Lake Road. At this time the name was changed to the Pembroke Bible Chapel.

In 1959, the leadership of the assembly consisted of Lorne Parson, Gordon Nass, Len Pilatski, Gerry Libby, Ken Brazeau, Ralph Schutt, and Frank Murack. In the early 60's the Moore, Axford, and Sutherland families moved to Pembroke and by 1965 Doug Moore, Don Axford, and Don Sutherland were active in the assembly leadership. In February 1979, Norm Gentry was commended to a pastoral/teaching ministry in Pembroke and the Upper Ottawa Valley and the Gentry's relocated to Petawawa for about one year. In February 1980, Peter Gentry was commended to a pastoral/teaching ministry in Petawawa for about 18 months. From September 1988 to October 1997, Don DeBaeremaeker functioned in a pastoral/teaching ministry in the Petawawa/Pembroke area. In 1990 Hugh Ghent, Mark Floyd, Chris Renault, and Al Lockley became active in the assembly leadership.

Home    Sitemap    ©2016 Pembroke Bible Chapel. All Rights Reserved.    Contact    Webmaster